Latest News :
- Myanmar Airways to connect Yangon–Kolkata from Dec 1
- Brothers on world bicycle tour to protect environment, fight HIV/AIDS
- Nepal Airlines to fly to Dubai three times a week starting tomorrow
- Haritalika Teej 3- 5 September
- tourism memorial park in Kavre
- Tibet Overland Tour will begin from 1st Jun 2016 from Kerung border
- Kailash Yatra 2016
- Kailash Tour 2016 booking open
- Miyamoto report on Annapurna Nepal Now, latest facts
- National Geographic Photographer Accurately Sums Up Why Tourists Revisit Nepal
7 Day Bhutan Special Tours
7 days | Departs Kathmandu/ParoBhutan, located in the eastern Himalayas, borders China to the north and India to the south, east and west. The altitude varies from 300m (1000ft) in the narrow lowland region to 7000m (22,000ft) in the Himalayan plateau in the no ...read more
Best adventure trip: Everest base camp
The Himalayas' "rock stars" are more accessible than you think.
The thrill of high-altitude trekking in Nepal was once available only to a gung-ho few. Recently, the journey has become more accessible.
In April 2011, co-host of international television show Word Travels and travel writer Robin Esrock will lead a trek to the Everest Base Camp with World Expeditions.
The journey begins in Kathmandu Valley and ascends through Sherpa villages to Tengboche Monastery, where awestruck hikers get panoramic views of the rock star mountains of the Himalayas: Tawache, Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam.
Hikers will traverse part of the treacherous Khumbu Glacier, followed by an ascent of Kala Pattar (18,192 feet), before stopping at Everest Base Camp.
“In Nepal, acclimatizing is going to be key, as is exercising for several months beforehand to
ensure your body can take it,” Esrock cautions. “Wearing in your gear is a must, although those
incredible Sherpas will no doubt be worth their weight in stardust.”
The World Expeditions hike to Everest Base Camp runs April 4-24, 2011, and begins in Kathmandu.
Price is US$2,768 per person, including food, trek pack, porters and accommodation.
Read more: 10 trips for every type of traveler | CNNGo.com http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/life/10-best-trips-for-2011-107334#ixzz1MK3d49RB