- Bhutan- Bhutan Air ( Tashi Air) Flying to Kathmandu
- India-Spice Jet Flying to Kathamndu from Bagdogra soon
- India-On Arrival Visa by the end of this year.
- India-Union Tourism Minister seeks e-Visa to increase tourism in Goa
- India-Air Taxi service for Rajasthan soon
- Republic Day to eclipse celebrations of Everest Day this year
- Beijing, Shanghai start visa-free transit policy
- India extends VoA for South Korea
- Notice to Tourists who want to extend Tourist Visa at Immigration Office, in Pokhara
- Nepal- Online visa application for Nepal www.http://online.nepalimmigration.gov.np
7 Days Tibet Overland Tour
7 days | Departs Kathmandu/BeijingTibet Autonomous Region has long been known as the "Roof of the world" and is no idle statement. The land veiled in secrecy, closed to the outside world for centuries. 'The Roof of the World" is now open to you. The valley bottom ...read more
Best adventure trip: Everest base camp
The Himalayas' "rock stars" are more accessible than you think.
The thrill of high-altitude trekking in Nepal was once available only to a gung-ho few. Recently, the journey has become more accessible.
In April 2011, co-host of international television show Word Travels and travel writer Robin Esrock will lead a trek to the Everest Base Camp with World Expeditions.
The journey begins in Kathmandu Valley and ascends through Sherpa villages to Tengboche Monastery, where awestruck hikers get panoramic views of the rock star mountains of the Himalayas: Tawache, Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam.
Hikers will traverse part of the treacherous Khumbu Glacier, followed by an ascent of Kala Pattar (18,192 feet), before stopping at Everest Base Camp.
“In Nepal, acclimatizing is going to be key, as is exercising for several months beforehand to
ensure your body can take it,” Esrock cautions. “Wearing in your gear is a must, although those
incredible Sherpas will no doubt be worth their weight in stardust.”
The World Expeditions hike to Everest Base Camp runs April 4-24, 2011, and begins in Kathmandu.
Price is US$2,768 per person, including food, trek pack, porters and accommodation.
Read more: 10 trips for every type of traveler | CNNGo.com http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/life/10-best-trips-for-2011-107334#ixzz1MK3d49RB