Nepal Tourist Visa Information
Note: 1. Fully vaccinated means at least 2 dose of vaccine.
2. All passenger arriving Nepal need to fill below form and save PDF or take screen short to show at airport of departure for Nepal. CCMC FORM FOR ARRIVAL IN NEPAL
3. All passenger departing form Nepal need to fill below form and save PDF or take screen short to show at airport of departure for Nepal. CCMC FORM FOR DEPARTURE FROM NEPAL
Online Application before arrival in Nepal
You can fill online application and get approval code(submission number) before arrival to save time at airport in Kathmandu or Bhairahawa. With this number you can just pay fee and get visa sticker on your passport in few minutes.
Visa On Arrival
Tribhuvan International Airport is the only international airport of Nepal. Immigration Office, TIA (Tribhuvan International Airport) under Department of Immigration has been facilitating tourists flying to Nepal by providing Visa on Arrival. Likewise, other Entry and Exit points established at the border regions also provide ‘ On Arrival Visa’ to foreign nationals hoping enter to Nepal via land.
‘On Arrival’ visa procedure is very quick and simple. You can expect some queues during peak Tourist season. If you wish to skip those queues, you can also consider getting Visa from Nepalese Diplomatic Missions stationed abroad prior to your arrival. Choice is yours.
If you have obtained visa from Nepalese Diplomatic Missions, then you must enter Nepal within six months from the visa issued date. Your total stay is counted starting from the day you enter into Nepal.
ON Arrival Visas are ‘Tourist Visas’. They bear multiple Re entry facility. Tourist Visa ‘On Arrival’ is the only entry visa to Nepal. If you are visiting Nepal for the purposes other than Tourism (sightseeing, tour, travel, mountaineering, trekking, visiting friends and families), you should still get ‘ Tourist Visa’ to get into the country. However, you must change the category of visa as per your purpose and length of stay in Nepal from Department of Immigration by producing required documents.
Nationals of designated countries are requested to acquire Visa prior their arrival from their nearby Diplomatic missions (Embassies/consulates) of Nepal Government. Check the link to make sure your eligibility for visa ‘On Arrival’.
Nationals of following countries are requested to acquire Visa prior their arrival from their nearby Diplomatic missions (Embassies/consulates) of Nepal Government.
- Refugees with travel document
Once you arrive at the airport, please follow these simple procedures for Tourist Visa on Arrival.
- 1st Step
- Fill in ‘ Arrival Card ‘
- Fill in Online ‘Tourist Visa ‘form ( you can fill it up prior to your arrival visiting official website of Department of Immigration / fill it up using Kiosk machines upon your arrival at the airport). If you fill it from the website, you will get submission Receipt with barcode, please print it out and bring it along for acquiring visa. It works for fifteen days and becomes invalid then after. If so, you will have to fill it up again.
- 2nd Step
- Make payment at the bank according to your visa requirement ( 15/30/90 Days)
- Get the receipt
While you can use different modes of payments (at visa fees collection counter), we advise you to carry some cash to be on the safe side.
On Arrival Visa Fee
15 Days – 30 USD
30 Days – 50 USD
90 Days – 125 USD
- 3rd Step
- Proceed to the Immigration Desk with your online form, payment receipts and your passport
- Hand in your documents to immigration officer for visa processing. He/she issues visa to you upon his/her satisfaction.
Gratis Visa (Visa for Free)
Gratis Visa is issued free of cost in case of following categories of Visa applicants:
- Children below 10 years
- Up to 30 days for SAARC Citizens (except Afghanistan) once in a given visa Year. Afghan citizens are eligible for Visa on Arrival only upon the recommendation of Department of Immigration. If you are an Afghan citizen, you can request concerned institution inviting you to Nepal for necessary paperwork with Department of Immigration to get you Gratis Visa ‘On Arrival’.
- Non Residential Nepalese(NRN) card holder ( issued by MoFA /Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad)
- Chinese Nationals
Officials from China, Brazil, Russia and Thailand do not need Entry Visa based on reciprocal visa waiver Agreement
Visas of all kinds including ‘Gratis’ issued at the Airport are Tourist Visas. Contact Department of Immigration for extending your visa or changing the category of your visa. Tourist Visa extension can be done from Immigration Office, Pokhara too. Non tourist visa extension can be done only at Department of Immigration (if eligible) for a period of maximum one year (except business visa).
Visa Exemption for holders of Diplomatic and Official or Service Passport
Based on the reciprocal agreements between the two countries Nepali visa exemption facilities are available to the followings:
1. Diplomatic and Official or Service Passport holders of the following countries are exempted from the visa requirement to enter and stay in Nepal, exit from Nepal and transit through Nepal.
- Thailand – Exemption up to 90 Days
- Russian Federation – Exemption up to 90 Days
- People’s Republic of China – Exemption up to 30 Days
- Federal Republic of Brazil – Exemption up to 90 Days
- Myanmar – Exemption up to 90 Days
- Vietnam – Exemption up to 90 Days
- Cambodia – Exemption up to 30 Days
- Mongolia – Exemption up to 90 Days
- Jordan – Exemption up to 90 Days
- State of Israel – Exemption up to 90 Days
- Georgia – Exemption up to 90 Days
- State of Qatar – Exemption up to 90 Days
However, they are subjected to visa regulation after the stipulated duration of exemption.
2. Diplomats and officials with Diplomatic and Official or Service Passport working at the following diplomatic mission in Nepal and their dependents with Diplomatic and Official or Service Passport, staying with them in Nepal are exempted from the visa requirement till the former’s tenure in Nepal.
A) Russian Federation
B) Peoples Republic of China
C) Federal Republic of Brazil
3. Those Diplomatic and Official Passport holders are required to move through the following Immigration Posts:
A) Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
C) Kakarbhitta, Jhapa
D) Birgunj, Parsa
E) Belhia, Bhairahawa
F) Nepalgunj, Bake
G) Mohana, Kailali
H) Gaddachwoki, Mahendranagar
I) Kodari, Sindhupalchwok
J) Rashuwagadi, Rashuwa
Visa Extension Fee
- Tourist visa extension is done for minimum 15 days with USD 45 and USD 3 per day for additional days.
- In the case of delay less than 150 days additional USD 5 per day as late fine.
For more information please visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/