Visa In India
All foreign nationals entering India are required to possess a valid international travel document in the form of a national passport with a valid visa obtained from an Indian Mission or Post abroad. Tourist Visa can only be granted to a foreigner who does not have a residence or occupation in India and whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sight seeing, casual visit to meet friends and relatives, etc.
e-Visa Facility is available for nationals of following countries/territories
China- SAR Macau
Papua New Guinea
Trinidad & Tobago
Cameron Union Republic
Saint Vincent & the Grenadines
Turks & Caicos Island
Republic of Korea
Vatican City-Holy See
China- SAR Hongkong
Republic of Macedonia
Saint Christopher and Nevis
International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation , sight seeing , casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders or Laissez-passer travel document holders.
Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent’s/Spouse’s Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
Not available to International Travel Document Holders.
- Except Bhutan & Nepal Nationals all foreign nationals including children MUST obtain a visa to travel to India
- Please do not finalize your travel arrangements to India before ascertaining the visa requirements.
- Validity of Visas is effective from the date of issue and not from the date of entry into India
- The Embassy of India, Kathmandu reserves the right to delay/refuse visa without assigning any reasons. Visas are issued subject to various checks and clearances. Visa fee once deposited will not be refunded.
- The Embassy of India, Kathmandu reserves the right of granting and deciding type of visa / duration of visa / number of entries, irrespective of the fees rendered.
- Passport must be valid for a minimum period of six months and in cases of long term visas, at least till the duration of the visa requested for.
- Acceptance of visa application does not necessarily mean grant of visa.
- Suppression of facts or furnishing misleading/false information will result in denial of visa without assigning any reasons.
- Granting of visa does not confer the right of entry which is subject to the discretion of the Immigration Authorities.
- Canvassing for visa, suppression of material facts or submission of forged / false documents is a disqualification. Overstay of visa or violation of visa rules is a disqualification for grant of future visa.
- No objection letter from either of the parents is required if a minor is traveling with one parent.
- If the minor is traveling alone or with relatives, consent letter signed by both the parents is required
- Visa applications of non-resident foreign nationals will be entertained for short term Tourist visa (3 month or 6 month/single entry). They are advised to obtain long term Tourist visas and other categories of visas from the country of their origin.