Electronic Travel Authorization(ETA) for Nepal Tourist Visa
Electronic Travel Authorization for Visa
All passengers travelling to Nepal by air or land route no longer require a proof of COVID Vaccinations (COVID pass) or a negative PCR test report of COVID-19.
Notice Regarding the Introduction of Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) Visa System
Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) for Tourist Visa
- Online Electronic Travel Authorization application form for Tourist Visa (https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/onlinevisa-mission/application).
- ETA application submission time:- 9:15-13:00 hrs OR 14:00-15:30 hrs (on weekdays except public holiday including bank holiday).The appointment is not required.
- The traveller should submit valid physical passport (with validity of a minimum period of six months) either in person or via post to the Embassy along with the print-out of the visa application.
- After the Embassy verifies the ETA application, the traveller is required to pay for ETA.
- Children under the age of 10 shall be issued gratis ETA free of cost.
- ETA document can be collected on the same day if applied in person. If the application is made by post, the processing time is 3 working days.
- Card Payment (Visa Debit/Credit, Master Card Debit/Credit, All Maestro cards) is accepted for the payment of visa fees. A virtual payment link will be sent to the applicant’s email if visa application is made by post.
- A self-addressed return envelope should also be sent to the Embassy if applied by post.
- Please note Non-UK Passport holders should submit a UK residence permit in addition to other required documents
Electronic Travel Authorization for Travel Document Holders and the Nationals of
Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Swaziland, Somalia, Liberia, Iraq, Ethiopia, Palestine, Syria and Afghanistan
Documents Required For Travel Document Holders issued by the Government of UK, those who have been in the United Kingdom in a refugee status:
- Original travel document with at least 6 months’ validity
- A copy of citizenship certificate of the sponsor and signed sponsorship letter
- A copy of UK resident permit card
- Proof of Address
- Details of Confirmed Hotel reservation
- Valid Confirmed Air Ticket
- Latest 1 month Bank Statement
- Processing Time: One week
- Online Electronic Travel Authorization application form (https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/onlinevisa-mission/application).
Applicants can submit their documents for ETA and collect their passports in person or through their agents/representatives or by post as well.
For the application received by post, a Virtual Payment (Visa Debit/Credit, Master Card Debit/Credit, All Maestro cards) link will be sent to the applicant’s email once the application is received at the Embassy.
Please do not enclose a postal order or a bank draft for the payment of visa fees now onwards.
The applicants from the United Kingdom can enclose a Self Addressed Envelope with Special Delivery Stamp as per necessity with the application. (*Please do not use printed stamp and label)
ETA for Diplomatic Visa
ETA for diplomatic visa shall be issued to a person holding a diplomatic passport who needs to visit Nepal in connection with his/her official duty.
Diplomatic visa is also issued to the family members of such person when they are accompanying the person.
The diplomatic visa shall be issued by the Embassy for a period of 30 days.
The term thereof may be extended, if required, from the Department of Consular Services, Kathmandu for the remaining term of the official assignment in Nepal.
Required Documents for issuing ETA for Official/Diplomatic Visa:
- Original Diplomatic/Official passport with at least 6 months’ validity with at least two empty pages.
- One recent passport-size photograph
- A note verbale from the Foreign Ministry/diplomatic mission/ international organisation or equivalent offices with a request for an ETA for diplomatic visa, stating clearly the purpose and period of the visit.
- Online Electronic Travel Authorization application form for Official/Diplomatic Visa (https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/onlinevisa-mission/application)